12/15/2006

You want Trash talk? I'll give you trash talk.

Well, I don't know what to say. The Scourge have certainly laid down the gauntlet now. They're going to hand my ass to me with their planned 30 points in 3 days.

"Kovalev to Koivu... Score!" "Koivu in front of the net... Score! And Montreal has sealed their victory" And... oh... I got a three point game out of Montreal. Kudos to your Detroit boys for netting my goalie a win. I gotta remember to congratulate Datsyuk for getting an assist with... OMFG Z-Berg scored? That's umpossible! Well, what are the odds it'll last?

And then of course there's my 4 points from my defense in... well... Phoenix. Damn... that's as off-puttting as Z-Berg scoring. Michalek and Jovanovski walking away from the same game with 2 points apiece.

Yeah guys, I gotta say, this sudden surge in activity from the Scourge has me trembling. Yup, just about the only thing that'll save me now is if say Colorado was going to play a team like Edmonton or Chicago and... oh... sweet! Well, tell you what, you ever get out of the Basement Chris, you can tell me what it was like.

Try not to put down roots.

Richard.

4 comments:

Scourge said...

wow... something set him off. I make a 2 sentence reply with a smilie face and he goes postal..

Perhaps you and your "Lost boy" of the night got out of the wrong side of the bed or was there no "lost boy" in bed last night and thats why you are upset?

Cameron said...

I have to agree with Scourge that this outburst of trash talkin' was both unprovoked and unexpected.

But I am nevertheless (so long as this all stays tongue in cheek and friendly in spirit), moderately amused.

Richard said...

Hey just cause relations with me and Mikko are rocky doesn't mean... I mean, "no comment at this time."

Yeah, just me at work with a little time guys. Chris' needling provided the opportunity. My explosion... meh that was due to time.

No harm intended.

Douglas McLachlan said...

Oh, I'm mildly amused as well.

King Richard pulls a couple of credible weeks together and suddenly he's all "whose your daddy".

Week 14 your Lost Boys are coming to play the Highlanders. I declaring it "Guaranteed Win Night" (a bold boast that I am bound to regret) but we spanked you in week 3 on your own pond and I am very much looking forward to doing so again. No jersey retirements, no pregame hooplay, just a screaming pack of drunken-blue skinned rabble storming a sinking ship - the S.S. Lost Boys!