12/12/2006

Kessel

Channel 4 led its 11 p.m. newscast last night with a report that rookie Phil Kessel had been diagnosed with testicular cancer. Rumors circulated all day that Kessel had been hospitalized for any number of reasons, including testicular cancer or depression.
-- Boston Globe

I had speculated to Bob that the reason for his 'personal' absence from the team was related to an STD treament (or else, why not reveal what the personal medical thing is?).

Turns it out it could be much worse. Much, much worse. Here's a situation where I am actually hoping it is depression (which is miserable enough) or a minor STD (which is winning the lottery compared to the other options). Effectively makes the possibility Kessel will dress for the Highlanders this year a big fat zero.

In any case, I just hope Kessel ends up well.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hey Doug,

Bad news about Kessel.

I've got a centre that needs promoting. You've got lots I'd be interested in trading for.

(That said, if anyone needs a centre... drop me a line)

Richard.
(Cause a better omnivore score, is everything)