12/14/2006

FunHL Stats, Unofficial, as of December 14, 2006

Yes, I'm shamelessly posting these stats today because my Highlanders had a monster night last night and I've pulled ahead of Brian into second place in the Predator Cup race. However it wasn't only Sid's 6pt night (pulling ahead of former Highlander FP J.Jagr for the scoring title lead) that made the difference, Sergei Gonchar had a 5pt night as well which helped (through the majic alchemy of the Omnivore) pull the Highlanders into a net positive position and with the corresponding hit to the Lost Boys, the Knights Templar rise out of the basement in the Omnivore standings.

The Knights actually helped their own cause with 4pts (+2) for Ken Klee and, coupled with Hejduk's 2pts this week, not only pull out of the Omnivore basement but pass the diving Personal Vendetta in the Predator Cup race.

In the game of the week, the Lost Boys widen their lead on the Scourge in the "Rookie Cup". Through it all though the Shadowmen continue to lead.





4 comments:

Richard said...

It's only because I post here at least once a day, that my suggestion you may need help should be taken slightly in jest.

Yeesh... 3 stat updates in one week?

Richard.

Scourge said...

The LB are in trouble :) None of my players have really played this week yet. Zetterberg and Datsyuk gonna light it up tonight against Chicago for 1 point each.

Douglas McLachlan said...

Hi Richard,

My actual preference would be for the stats to be updated and posted daily (a possibility now that I have both my spreadsheet and jpeg posting techniques down - "I'm the post-fu*kin master. I don't be ticklin' or nothin'."

It may seem silly in mid-December but it does fuel some trash talk (see Chris' post above) that would seem redundant a week after a head to head game is over and, once we head into the homestretch, the races for 1st, avoiding 12th and Challenge Cup playoff spots can be rather fun to monitor on a more frequent basis than once a week.

BTW Richard, loved your WD observations. They were hilarious.

Also find your RW dilema fun. Walker, Kovalev and Knuble all at 21 pts with O'Neill stinking up the joint at 20. Perhaps we could swing a trade.

L8R,

Doug

Richard said...

The only thing that matches my lukewarm RW is my (now) abysmally inept D. I am very open to discussing trades that improve either of these fields.

Richard.