8/13/2009

The End Of Our Discontent Is Nigh

Bob reports that he now has in his possession the latest 'Ultimate Poll Guide'!

Much like the presence of robins on ones lawn heralds the coming of spring, the arrival of the first pool guide is a sign that the long off-season will now be slowly drawing to a close.

Just a reminder that the Ultimate Pool Guide tends to have similar positions as the Bible. Normally the Guide is split into two sections, the team section - where the rosters tend to correlate exactly with the Bible's positions, and the players section where the correlation is much less likely (and often confusing).

Those of you wishing to get an early jump start on your lists (like...me), should keep an eye out for it.

9 comments:

Douglas McLachlan said...

The key is that the positions in the Guide and the Yearbook are mostly consistent but not always. The Yearbook usually follows about a week later.

I have heard rumours that the Sportsforcaster is also out though I haven't seen it.

Bladerunner said...

Excellent - looking forward to reading them. Always fun to eagerly check if our FPS/RFAs/Prospects are predicted to do well along with telling the mag where to go when a prediction isn't to our liking ;-)

Templar said...

I got my Ultimate yesterday.

The only Sportsforcaster I saw on the shelf was last years.

Let the game begin...

Douglas McLachlan said...

Yay!

Just picked up my copy, now my weekend has a cherry on top!

Moriarty said...

This year's Ultimate pool guide is refreshing has having a new editor, stats, info and a THN mock draft are all included. Much more user friendly guide for THN in years!!!!

Moriarty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron said...

I just landed mine. I am sure it will consume all non-work, non-Oliver hours for today.

Moriarty said...

And Yes I can now confirm the Sports Forcaster is out...I have my copy...They predict the Flames win the Stanley Cup?!

Moriarty said...

The Bible is out!!!

Datsyuk = C, like Zetterberg

Briere =R

Elias =C

Marleau = L

Kovalev = L

I'll create a post later with more changes etc...