8/21/2009

Dany Heatley Press Conference

Looks to me like Hockey Canada twisted Dany's arm a little by insisting that he give a press conference to clear the air before he became a media distraction at camp.

Smart.

Heatley has agreed, and is doing the conference in Kelowna where he is vacationing and far away from the camp. Also smart.

Here is the Q and A (stolen from Eklund's live blog of the conference)

Q1: when did you decide you wanted out of Ottawa?
DH: been coming a long time


Reading Between The Lines: Four coaches in four years, the trading of all-star defensemen for table scraps, and the loss of the only goaltender who ever stopped a puck for us were definitely factors. Plus, Bryan Murray is an idiot.

Q2: anything you'd like to say to Edmonton
A: nothing personal. to this day there has only been 1 option. not ready to make
(a decision with only one option)

RBTL: I didn't want to play in Edmonton.

Q3:is it Clouston?
DH: Not Cory completely. When I signed I wanted to be integral, and my role has diminished.


RBTL: It was definitely Cory.

Q4 Do you have regrets about impact on Edm:
DH: Wish it hadn't become public.


RBTL: It's not my fault Bryan Murray and his crew can't keep their mouths shut. I obviously can.

Q5: Are you worried about your Rep?
DH: All my teammates know I am a team player


RBTL: My rep has taken a hit, but I can fix it.

Q6: Did you not feel you owed explanation to Sens Fans?
DH: loved Ottawa. process that has to take place. didn't want a circus


RBTL: I'm saving it for my retirement biography.

Q: Murray can't trade you now. will you go to camp if he cant?
DH Yes. I have a contract. but other teams want me.


RBTL: I'll honour my contract, but I don't expect to have to.

Q: why has it taken so long to get a deal done?
DH: Don't know. teams are out there.


RBTL: Bryan Murray is an idiot.

Q With all the Oilers did were you close to going there?
DH: nothing to do with Edmonton I need options


RBTL: I REALLY didn't want to play in Edmonton.

Q: Why is Edm not the option? Care about Perception?
DH: Fans are passionate. nothing to do with Edmonton. Only want options


RBTL: Edmonton was never a serious option.

Q: did your family support your silence?
DH: yes they have been here all summer


RBTL: Garrett can eat me for suggesting my Dad wouldn't approve.

Q: Why was Edmonton (not one of) the Options.
DH Cant make the right decision with only one option.


RBTL: I'm waiting for Murray to get off his ass and trade me to San Jose.

3 comments:

Bladerunner said...

Did they find enough ways to ask about Edmonton?

RBTL: All my teammates know I am a team player - except when they are all playing better than me which really gets annoying. Then I don't want to play with them anymore. ;-)

Cameron said...

It could be true, but we've never actually seen one his team mates perform better than him.

Bladerunner said...

Are you arguing with the coach? Not you too! Ya, I suppose Heatley ain't that bad of a player.