11/09/2008

Week Five Stats, As Of Saturday's Games




Hi Guys,

As I've been saying, I'm in the midst of some rather busy files at work so my appologies for not keeping up with the stats as per my regular habit. The good news is that once we are out of November it looks like much clearer sailing.

That said, here are the stats as of last night's (Saturday) games.

I know that a couple of you have noted some differences with your stats. I'm trying to keep up but if I drop the ball on responding to you - keep at it, it's nothing personal just trying to keep up with the torrent of e-mail (a distressing amount of which has little or no relevance to the pool).

I am noting that my attempt to "reverse engineer" the goalie stats to accomodate the NHL's new stats package (die Gary Bettman die) being used by CBS Sportsline, among others, is already starting to generate minor discrepancies - which will only grow with time. Yahoo appears to be generating the correct stats, and producing them as same, but I have yet to convert the current spreadsheet to use the Yahoo stats and, unfortunately, don't believe I will be able to make that conversion until early December at the earliest. Please keep an eye on things, particularly if there are very close Challenge Cup games, so we don't lose sight of things.

Back to the current stats. Congrats to the Personal Vendetta who seem to be holding on to a very narrow lead at the moment and to the Bladerunners who have had a phenomenal week thus far to threaten our leader.

I'll try and make sure that the final stats for the week get out tomorrow as well. Until then, trade-lines are open.

BTW, thanks to Bob and others for posting the line-ups on the blog - it is so much faster to go through one blog post to find the line-ups as opposed to multiple e-mails. Very, very helpful.

No comments: