9/26/2006

KILL BILL Vol. 3

To be fair, that's a catchy title.

Bill resigned suddenly from the FUNHL early Monday morning.

Bill had been suffering doubts since Saturday after shooting a postal messanger.

Negotiations Monday with Bill last late into the evening when other complications became evident and his position with the FUNHL came to an impasse. Bill promptly resigned and said his good-bye to the league.

The Dogs are dead -> retired to the FUNHL historical annals.

The team, current holder of the Omnivore, will be most remembered for his +/- gambit that left him in 2nd to the Ramapithicines by 5 pts. The Dogs had also finished with a heribovre trophy.

3 comments:

Douglas McLachlan said...

My anger has subsided now and I say good-bye to Bill with the hope that he finds another pool that provides him with the same amount of fun and enjoyment that this pool has given, and continues to give, to me.

Cameron said...

Along with Mike, Bill was the GM I had the least contact with.

I don't think it is an accident that the two GMs who we have just lost, were not lost because they lacked hockey knowledge, personality, gregariousness, or any other positive trait.

I like both of them a great deal and I am very sad they decided not to continue onwards.

I am at the point where I would rather have a GM I absolutely loathe but who participates at a high level than have another GM I really like, but who doesn't communicate enough to really drink the life-blood of the pool and become part of it, ahd it have it become part of them.

Richard said...

I'd like to quote Cam when telling my mother what I'm doing in Calgary... "Well, there's this pool of guys, see, and I drink their life blood, and then I'm not only a part of them... but they're a part of me..."

Maybe we should just ask people to confirm membership at an earlier time than "right before draft." That way they're choosing to walk out on 20$.

Richard.