12/30/2009

Quote of the Day

"I'm not a Leafs fan. I find the team and its sense of entitlement to be pathetic. Unlike the New York Yankees, who are asses but win a championship often enough to matter, the Leafs organization acts like a large, authentic center stone in a sea of cubic zirconia without having any kind of claim to fame. PLUS there are several decades worth of idiotic decisions, a myriad of diabolical and sinister events occurring under their roof and at least one guy from the organization I'm pretty sure is in hell.

I have grown to like some Leaf fans lately. One of my daily stops now is Pension Plan Puppets which features some truly hilarious writing and some genuine (but not overdone) humility. I've never met this kind of Leaf fan but it is nice to know they exist.

Borje Salming deserved good fans."

- Lowetide

2 comments:

Moriarty said...

A very sad commentary, but alas so true!

Bladerunner said...

Go Leafs go... away. Would be nice to have more hockey available on Sat nights instead of whatever it is that the Leafs have been doing on the ice the last umpteen years.