10/15/2008

Week One Stats



Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay (but remember, last year I didn't get these up until Week 4).

I hope to have up to the minute stats by later in the week - possibly by later today - but here are the stats as of last Sunday.

The NHL has thrown us another stats curve, they are now posting PIM on a different page than they give out pts and +/- (something I noted earlier) and now they are NOT including goalie MinutesPlayed in any of their goalie stats! This has required me to calculate the MinutesPlayed backwards by pulling them out of the GAA using GA. Not ideal.

Bob has pointed out that Yahoo Sports has their stats set out as has traditionally been the case - not sure if they are getting a different stats pack from the NHL or if they are just converting it all in-house, but I have not set up my spreadsheet to use this source just yet - though I am seriously considering it.

Anyhow, thought you would want to know where we are right now.

As always, if you note any diffences with your own calculations - let me know.

I'll leave it to someone else (Bob, if you like) to figure out the Waiver Wire winners.

I hope to have the Challenge Cup and Omnivore standings up soon as well but for now this will have to suffice.

4 comments:

wildwolf said...

thanks Doug. Please try to keep this position order for the next 26 weeks. ;)

Cameron said...

We're #5! We're #5!

It may be the NDP chant du jour, but given the Heads are in fifth place to start the season it seemed appropriate.

;-)

Red Five said...

We would open the year against the first week leaders :-( Another rough start to the Challenge Cup. Of course we did finish high enough to not win any WW bids :-((

Thanks for the stats Doug - we should seriously consider an alternate source esp. for goalies as reverse engineering will only get harder as the season goes on (not to mention increasing inaccuracy since GAA only reported to 2 decimal places)

Douglas McLachlan said...

Hi Dan,

My plan is to move over to Yahoo quickly but with the WW, I needed to get stats done and having gone as far as I had on the current road...