10/12/2008

IMPORTANT DATES: 2008-09 SEASON

WAIVER DRAFT 1

* Saturday, November 29 (location and start time tbd)
* a rare special appearance being made by the Wolves GM so hopefully we can get a good 'in person' turnout)
* occurring during week 8 of the season

WAIVER DRAFT 2

* date, location, start time tbd
* suggest three possible weekends: Jan 24/25 (all -star weekend and during week 16) OR Jan 31/Feb 1 (during week 17) OR Feb 7/8 (during week 18)

TRADE DEADLINE

* Monday, March 9 at 6 PM MST (NHL trade deadline is Tue, March 2); this is start of week 23 so 5 solid weeks left after our deadline

3 comments:

Douglas McLachlan said...

WD1 The weekend of the 29th is fine by me, though Rob indicated Sunday the 30th as his preference - I would prefer Saturday the 29th.

WD2 The first two options fall during my sister's wedding trip to Mexico, so my participation would have to be by list. Far better for me on Saturday Feb 7th.

Trade deadline is th first Monday after the NHL deadline. Done.

Bladerunner said...

To clarify a minor error - Tue, March 3 is NHL deadline (and therefore FUNHL trade deadline Mon, March 9).

As to WD1 - I think Rob had some family plans on the Saturday (reason for his being in Calgary) but best we hear straight from the horse's mouth - no offense to the Alpacas.

wildwolf said...

Sunday, November 30th starting at 10 or 11 would work the best for me. I know nothing will be happening on Sunday until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Saturday is still a jumble of plans and I could not commit to a start time.

Week 18 draft period would be the two thirds mark.