10/04/2010

Schadenfreude

I was perusing the excellent commentary on 'Lowetide' when I ran across this entry penned by none other than our very own 'Highlander';

"Did I just read this right? Has Florida waived lw Micheal Grabner?!?

We would still have the first shot at picking him up, right?"

At which I laughed out loud! For two reasons,

1. Michael Grabner was the Highlanders top prospect pick in prospect draft, so knowing he was just waived by the talent-lite Panthers can only mean good things for Grabner's career arc, and,

2. Doug pleading for Edmonton to pick him up is almost as hilarious - I guess there are not so many struggling Oilers on the Highlanders roster that they can't use one more!

2 comments:

Moriarty said...

if true, then truly sad...

Bladerunner said...

I had read that on one of the sites about Grabner, yikes. Only two places to go if powerhouse Florida doesn't like you - Edmonton or Toronto.