8/02/2010

I hope the Barbarians are back and other FUNHL business

Dear FUNHL,

Rumor has it by email and by facebook and by this very blog that Mike B., former GM of the Barbarians is at least temporarily reclaiming his role as GM of the Lost Boys, while Richard takes a year off to consider his role in the pool for the future other than commentator etc. I hope someone has told Mike B. that the entry draft will be most likely held at Collin and Colleen's place on saturday October 2nd starting around 11AM MST. Having just booked my airline tickets for this date, I certainly expect the entry draft to be then.

Because of the time pressures we all have, Chris from the Scourge had put forth two names to me in private in case we needed them which brings the entire expansion debate up again. I dont think we need to address that now, but we may want to in the future.

To my knowledge there are 4 or 5 rule proposals that are being discussed. I would like them to be fine tuned for mid-August ie. August 15th and final discussions about these rules to be completed by the labor-day weekend and the vote being due on September 10th. Please email your vote to myself at b0bc@yahoo.com or to Cameron at severedheads@shaw.ca.

Which brings me to my next point, with Richard not being around during the year, we have a vacancy on the disputes committee (DC) and I'll be fielding nominations for the one vacancy by your email or your response to this post.

Thank you for your attention and your comments

No comments: