6/09/2010

the FUNHL Adventures in Slot Selection and the Official ED Date

Hello all,

Issue 1

It's been a long time coming but I can now officially announce that the entry draft for 2010 will be held on October 2nd (saturday). Time and location TBA however it will be occuring in Calgary.

Lets review the number of predator cups won (as they're really the only ones that count).

Winners:
-Dan of the great whites: 3
-Cam of the severed heads: 3
-Doug of the highlanders: 3
-Darrell of the personal vendetta: 3
-Brian of the bladerunners: 3
-Bob of the shadowmen: 2
-Corey of the ramapithicines: 2

That's the total number of cups won (19). Note a lockout year which held back the completion of 20 years. This year we will begin search of our 20th predator cup victor.

Issue 2

The slot selection for drafting position at the entry draft will be held hopefully a week from now, next sunday. Please submit your submissions to this blog site post haste.

These are the slot selections I have already received:
-Dan of the great whites: 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
-Bob of shadowmen: 1,2,3,4,5,6,11,12,10,9,7,8
-Richard of the lost boys: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
-Cameron of the severed heads: 1,2,3,4,5,12,11,6,10,7,8,9
-Rob of the wolves: 1,2,3,12,11,4,10,5,9,6,7,8
-Corey of the ramapithicines: 1,2,3,12,11,4,10,5,9,6,7,8
-Doug of the highlanders: 1,2,3,12,11,4,10,5,9,6,7,8
-Chris of the scourge: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

Missing preferences from the following:
-Darrell of the personal vendetta
-Mike Getta of the knights templar
-Brian of the bladerunners
-Collin of the edge

If you see any errors or if you can please add your preferences please respond to this post ASAP.

Thank you very much...

Issue 3

Trophy Engraving

The omnivore trophy needs a new base as does the challenge cup and the herbivore. I believe if you contact Brian via email (bladerunners@shaw.ca) or via this post we'll be able to come up with the costing out how much the new trophy bases will cost as well as the engravings that are due for payment by the past herbivore winners (is that the proper term for last place?!) Mike Getta, Collin, and Richard. They will need to be invoiced for engravings.

Thank you all for your responses, I know big thanks to Cameron, Doug, Dan, and of course Brian. I hope that you can all submit your slot selection preferences ASAP or changes if I have types them incorrectly from your email posts.

Thank you very much again, and here's to launching into a brand new season.

Cheers!

13 comments:

Douglas McLachlan said...

Perhaps this should be bumped to the top of the blog.

Moriarty said...

maybe - we just let brian do it so that we're done...??? hehe

Moriarty said...

i mean the slot selection, that is, brought to you by crown royal twist of fate!

Bladerunner said...

Well, if nobody wants to get together in person to socialize, celebrate the season that was and do the slot-selection ... fine, I'll try not to sulk too much. The tradition dies in 2010 ... sob :-(

I can certainly get together with me, myself and I + drink Crown Royal and make the picks. I'll pick honestly - really! (you'll know when I wind up picking in 8th).

Scourge said...

i like rye... when and where?

V for Vendetta said...

I am in for a ED slot selection get together. I have a couple trophies that I unfortunately have to pass on. Also, hopefully someone should have some jersey cash for me from last year.

Templar said...

I would like to see some of you for the slot selection. Friday of Saturday would be preferable since I live out of town.

Here are my preferences...

1,2,3,4,5,6,12,11,10,7,8,9

Bladerunner said...

Mmm rye. Chris, Darrell, Mike - glad to hear from ya! Hope Dan and Collin can make it too. I think Corey said June not good for him??

My availability if a Fri or Sat:

FRI, JUNE 11th (too short notice?)
FRI, JUNE 18th
FRI, JUNE 25th
SAT, JUNE 26th

Should for some weird reason I don't show up, my slot selection as of right now is 1 to 12.

Scourge said...

not sure about tonight... friday the 18th is a no go for me... i am already planning on hitting schanks north on the 25th for the draft... stop by for a drink?

V for Vendetta said...

Fridays are no good for me. Saturdays or Sundays work best.

Moriarty said...

As you saw on my post above, Let's the slot selection on Saturday when the most people can be available on june26th. I encourage everyone to join us for the NHL ed on Friday PM...

Douglas McLachlan said...

I see we have Mike's preference and Brian's ws stated elsewhere to be 12-1 (though he is going to be there).

Darrell looks to be coming but we should get his order just to be sure and then we have to get Collin's - right?

I would love to make it down for both the draft and the slot selection (and may join you by e-mail/messenger) but unfortunately I won't be able to do so in person.

Moriarty said...

see my post a bove