3/09/2009

Week 22 Stats - Challenge Cup Playoffs, Game 1 Results





The Predator Cup Race is actually tightening as we move into the final few weeks. The Vendetta continue to lead the Highlanders but the Severed Heads, and even the Bladerunners, are drawing closer to make it a multi-team fight. At the bottom of the table the Edge and eked ahead of the Wolves and the fight to avoid the Herbivore will be the other big battle on the main board.

The Omnivore looks to be a lock for the Bladerunners, but a lot of movement traditionally takes place after the trade deadline so we will keep you posted.

The Challenge Cup playoffs got underway this past week with the home teams victorious. The Severed Heads won a fairly close fight against the Highlanders but the Bladerunners victory over the Personal Vendetta is so close that it may not be confirmed until week three of the playoffs. Barring prostest, I will give it to the Bladerunners but, obviously, Brian and Darrel will need to double check their numbers.

Game on.

9 comments:

Cameron said...

Looks like its an overtime/SO loss for the PV by my calculations.

Douglas McLachlan said...

This is a serious league Cam, we don't do shootouts in the playoffs :-)

Cameron said...

Fair point - let's call it an off-the-post-barely-crosses-the-line goal in triple OT then.

V for Vendetta said...

I double checked scores for Brian and myself and get the following totals:
Bladerunners - 30.39
Personal Vendetta - 31.22

So yes, I formally request a recount. :)

Douglas McLachlan said...

Brian, Darrell, could you please send me what you believe your players got for you this week - by player and by type (ie separate out the TG pts from the skater).

Thanks.

Bladerunner said...

My calculations also have Darrell winning - I'll take a look at when I get home later tonight and send my totals.

Moriarty said...

I GUESS THE PV WIN GAME 1?

Bladerunner said...

We will do our best to defend the Omnivore lead... trade talk to make a far fetched challenge for other trophies bore no fruit.

Bladerunner said...

Congrats to Edge on moving out of 12th... keep this up and Rob's howling is going to be pitiful ;-)