2/21/2008

Conklin V Fleury - A Very Special Episode of Law and Order

The whole post is hilarious (and that includes the reference to Mirtle where I found the link), but this snippet of dialog had me in stitches;

MC-- Name and occupation.

WB-- Mr. W. Bottle, unemployed.

MC-- Please, sir, describe your affiliation with the plaintiff.

WB-- I was Mr. Fleury's water bottle, from his days playing for Cape Breton until the Game 5 loss to the Senators last year, after which, I abruptly quit.

MC-- Why?

WB-- He commits to his butterfly stance too early. He gets beaten over his shoulder, and the only place for the puck to go is right into my face. The book is out on him.

MC-- Why didn't you quit earlier in the season?

WB-- I'll admit. I had faith in Meloche turning Fleury around.

MC-- No further questions.

1 comment:

Bladerunner said...

Pretty funny ;-) I can understand why Pittsburgh fans are so seduced by Conkin. Fellow Flames fans - remember some guy named Fred Brathwaite in the 2000-2001 season?? However, in the long run they really might want to stick with the real deal who is M.A. Fleury.