12/13/2007

Great Whites Respond To Challenge With Great Night - Wolves Have Even Better One, Threaten To Overtake Shadowmen





One night after being called out on this very blog, the Great Whites go to the well and pull out an 8pt night. Led by WD pick up P.Sharp's 3pts, the Great Whites also gained a lot of ground in the Omnivore as almost all of thier points were from off their baseline. The best night, however, went to the Wolves (10pts) who are now within 5pts of the 7th placed Shadowmen. The field has spread out over the last week an a half but I still think we are much tighter than we have been in years past.

One other tweak to the Challenge Cup standings. In setting up the post-WD spreadsheets I took away a point and a half from Richard's Lost Boys. I gave it back when I realized what I had done ("You go to 'da box and you feel shame.") Anyhow, in Week 9 the Lost Boys and Ramapithicines tied there game. I had previously given the point to the Lost Boys (took it away a day ago) and have now given it back. I had mistakenly credited the Ramapithicines with the win but they actually only get the one point for the tie. Confused? Good. All you need to know is that the Challenge Cup standings are, as far as I know, correct. Sorry for the mix-up all. (Mix-up update. Found another one for this week - was playing 7 d-men for the Ramapithicines. Corrected. BTW, Corey E.Johnsson is having a 3pt week so far on your bench. I'd be interested in trading for him since you haven't promoted him.)

No comments: