3/02/2007

Swedish Touch

Am I the only FUNHL GM who cruises the Swedish Elite League stats?

Some interesting names turned up in my last review of the Elite League standings;

2nd overall in scoring is ex-Ranger, ex-Flyer, ex-Hurrican, ex-NHL prospect, Pavel Brendl!

Tops in scoring is Tony Martensson (17-34-51 in 54) who despite being less than a ppg is nevertheless leading the league. No, I've never heard of him either.

Tied for the ten spot is the ole St Louis Blue Polish Prince, Lubos Bartecko. Other ex-NHL players like Jorgen Jonsson, Niklas Sundstrom (once considered a threat to score 30!), and perhaps weirdest of all, ex-Severed Heads prospect, Steve Kariya!

Me, I was looking for the stats on this guy... (12-28-40 in 44)

1 comment:

Richard said...

"Am I the only FUNHL GM who cruises the Swedish Elite League stats?"

Yes, I believe you are.

:-)

Richard.