3/14/2007

Highlanders Respond With Big Night Of Their Own To Retake Lead

First off a big thank-you to Brian and a heartfelt appology to everyone else who have been pointing out the errors I was having with goaltending stats. I had mistakenly attributed the minor discrepencies in goalie stats to errors on the CBSsportsline site. The error was on my spreadsheet. When I had originally set it up I did it as a "quick reference guide" and not as an actual stats tracker. So I cheated and did the goalie stats using GAA as opposed to direct GA. Over the long-haul the differences are very minor but when you are trying to measure 60 minute blocks (or some cases even smaller time units) the cumulative effects of rounding began to produce slightly different numbers. Anyhow, I think I have the stats right now (for this week, last week's stats will still be slightly off until Darrell's official stats come out). So please keep double checking for me.

Last night was a chance for the Highlanders to respond to the big Monday night of the Bladerunners and they stepped up to the challenge. Posting an 18pt night the Highlanders restored their lead from Sunday night. The Shadowmen also made up some of the ground they lost in their Challenge Cup match and have reason to hope that a berth in the finals is not out of reach.

The unofficial (but hopefully more accurate) stats as of Tuesday's action is as follows:



No comments: