6/24/2008

Off-Season Checklist

Hi Guys,

Lots of fun hooking up with Cam, Dan and Collin last Friday to watch the NHL Draft and do the lottery for our Entry Draft. Congrats to Cam for pulling his own number out of the hat. What now?

We need to settle on a date - the two obvious dates are either Saturday September 20th or Saturday September 27th. The NHL typically starts play on the first week of October but with Games in Europe I suspect that there will be games, like last year, on September 27th.

We also need to settle on a location. I have to admit, I was blown away by Flames Central and when Collin mused aloud about holding the FunHL Draft in one of the boardrooms overlooking the "virtual arena" I was hard-pressed to find fault with the idea. Issues of cost, avaliability, wi-fi and electrical access and capacity are all things that will need to be discussed but the venue itself - pretty swanky.

We also need to have the DC give us a ruling on what the 60 Min shutout baseline will be for goalies. Its currently 4.0pts but I think Cam has made a compelling case that a move down to either 3.5pts or 3.75pts is probably in order.

Trade lines are now open for the Highlanders who are interested in moving up in the prospect draft. I currently have two later first round picks - #9 and #10 - which I would be interested in dealing for one earlier first round in the top 5. Alternatively I would be interested in swaping prospect picks in this years prospect draft for counterparts in the 2009 Prospect Draft (one of my two 1st rounders and the Ramapithicine's 2nd). In any event, looking forward to a quick off-season so we can get back to hockey :-)

6 comments:

Richard said...

I was fairly certain we had already picked the 20th... Bob and I are already making September plans around the idea that we'll be coming to Calgary on the 18th, and showing off my kickass Jersey. (Because the draft is all about what jersey you wear)

We're #8! We're #8!

Richard, Lost Boys.

Richard said...

I was fairly certain we had already picked the 20th... Bob and I are already making September plans around the idea that we'll be coming to Calgary on the 18th, and showing off my kickass Jersey. (Because the draft is all about what jersey you wear)

We're #8! We're #8!

Richard, Lost Boys.

Scourge said...

I cannot make the 27th as i will probably be in Vegas :)


The 20th should be ok though...

Red Five said...

Indeed we had already specified the 20th. I will look into the Flames Central option/costs/Wi-Fi etc

wildwolf said...

20th would be the date as I am busy the weekend of the 28th at an Alpaca show and conference

Douglas McLachlan said...

Sorry all, yes the date is Saturday September 20th. My bad. I had pre-booked both days off in my calendar and forgot to erase the othe date.