10/24/2007

Return of "Unofficial" Stats




Hello Canada, and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland...

In a move completely unrelated to the fact that the defending champs find themselves atop both the Predator Cup and Challenge Cup standings - I am back posting the "unofficial" stats. The Highlanders had a 15pt night last evening to wrest the top rung out from under the Ramapithicines, who were also passed by the Severed Heads. The Highlanders are also the only perfect team in the Challenge Cup. The Bladerunners, last season's runner-up, find themselves looking up from the bottom and are the only pointless team in the Challenge Cup. The introduction of ties into the Challenge Cup results would appear to already be altering the standings. Half the league has been involved in a tie game. Without the tie, the Edge would be 3-0, while the Ramapithicines would be 0-3.

In doing up the stats I did find some significant deviations from the stats on the Pool Expert site. Dan and I will try and find some time together to parse through them systematically but for now bear with us. Basically, if the difference is under a point - I think my stats are the correct ones (as we knew ahead of time that the Pool Expert site would not be perfect in its calculation of goalie stats).

If the difference is greater than one point I still think that my stats are the correct ones having double and triple checked everyone's line-ups (thanks again Brian for your help there) but please double check your past line-ups on Pool Expert to see if they have you playing everyone accurately (to add to the confusion you will note that our Week 1 includes Week 1&2 on Pool Expert; our Week 2 is Week 3; etc). Checking my own Pool Expert line-ups I noticed that on one week Pool Expert appeared to have me dressing 7 defensemen, for example, so I'm more confident in the stats posted here but I have been mistaken on numerous occaisions in the past (see Jagr trade for historical reference) so let me know where you think I have it wrong.

With that in mind, both the Predator Cup and Challenge Cup standings may change from what I have posted here. Using a microfiche reader you can parse out the three games played thus far in the Challenge Cup (which also allows you to pull out weekly totals). I'll post the current game in another post.

Nice to see my nemisis from last season floundering in the cellar but that is really only a reminder of how ficle fate can be and a warning that I better not get too smug. Nobody wins this thing in October, still I much prefer the view from up here.

1 comment:

Scourge said...

Can someone email the challenge cup schedule as i dont seem to have it...

Gracias