8/14/2006

The Middle Word on the Lost Boys


This isn't the First word; it certainly won't be the last word: so let me add this contribution as the Middle Word on my team.

First, forgive the disappearance. I (well, provided I don't entirely botch the exam I write tomorrow) am now Richard Birt Hon.B.A. (Urban Studies.) American History rather thoroughly seized my attention this past month.

But now there is space and time again for hockey. And doing research on Calgary. It looks increasingly likely that I'll be there for 2007, so need to put the effort in to make the most of my visit there in September.

The logos: Dan, Doug (uh... I think: sorry if thanks are misdirected) They're both great! Thank you! I had idly speculated with Bob about getting one together, but the pirate motif is just fine: seeing how it requires much less thought on my part. (And because the best logo of the league has been co-opted by the Dogs)

For the record: The Lost Boys are J.M. Barrie, yes. It gives me a little perspective when the team is down, and makes me laugh when it's doing well. (I notice some other teams present the same advantage: Dogs, Severed Heads, Ramapithicenes. On the other hand it must be fairly ominous when say "The Knights Templar" are in first place.) The Hockey team, by the way, is not the first thing in my life to be named from this particular source... I keep coming back to it.

However, so to improve my image with this particular clique: I encourage all of you to believe it is actually a sly reference to the classic American comedy-horror movie that formed those strong cultural archetypes. Yes, I am that cool. (And so you know you're not alone in assuming my coolness, wikipedia lost boys, or google it and see what comes up.)

But all that said, pirates are cool: I've attached the official shoulder badge for the LBs. (It's sparkliness distracts your Ds)

Richard.

No comments: